Child Find PEI is very innovative and pro-active with our educational program and works very hard in this area. We educate and teach children personal safety to reduce the number of children who go missing or are exploited. Our educational material includes information on the prevention of sexual molestation and the good touch / bad touch.
The National Case Management Consultation Committee develops national standards, policies and procedures. We have developed solid working relationships with our local and provincial police departments as well as;
- RCMP's National Missing Children Services
- National Centre for missing and Exploited Children, USA (NCMEC) and Association of Missing and Exploited Children's Association Inc.
- (North America) AMECO
- Canada Customs and Immigration
- External Affairs
- Central Authorities
- America Customs and others. Child Find provides a complimentary role to that of the police services in searching for missing children by providing:
- Family support and referrals
- Distribution of Lifetouch's missing children's posters in public areas across PEI
- Recovery assistance/reunification
- Liaison with the police
- National Toll free line available 24/7
- Missing Children Radio Reports
All About Me I.D.
Fingerprinting clinics are in huge demand in Prince Edward Island. It is a free community service designed to provide accurate documentation about your child. Our Annual School Fingerprinting Program is designed to fingerprint Grade one students throughout PEI schools.
Green Ribbon of Hope Campaign-Originated in 1994 by students at Holy Cross Secondary School in St. Catherine's, Ontario when a fellow student disappeared. Friends and family tied green ribbons throughout the town in hope for her return. Sadly, her life was taken by her abductor. In memory of this tragedy, the students generously directed their idea for the green ribbon to be used exclusively by Child Find as an avenue to increase public awareness about missing children in Canada.
Teen Runaway Program
The Teen Runaway Program is a prevention program developed to assist troubled youth who feel that the only option left open to them is to run away from home.
Our program warns them about the dangers of being a runaway, ending up alone on the streets in a strange place. It offers alternative solutions to running away and supplies the names of some contacts that may be of assistance to help them with their problems.